Community Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources
In these uncertain times, Our Jewish Community is Here to Help
This page is being updated daily and contains information about the anticipated effects of COVID-19.
The rapid progression of COVID-19 and its recent upgrade to pandemic has required everyone in our community to react and respond to new information and restrictions every day. The recommended practice of social distancing is a particularly challenging requirement during these uncertain and chaotic times when so many of us turn to our Jewish communities for comfort, care, and connection.
Although we are daunted by the enormity of the threat of COVID-19, we also have deep confidence in the ability of our community to face it. Here are some initial updates, with more to follow in the coming days.
The Federation’s operations and those of our partner agencies have shifted to best protect our employees and the community.
- Federation employees are working remotely. They continue to be available by phone and email during normal business hours of 9:00am to 5:00pm. As mail service to our offices is less frequent than normal, we appreciate your patience with delayed responses.
- Planned Federation events are canceled until further notice, and meetings are being conducted virtually.
- The Ann Arbor JCC, which houses our offices, is closed. Programming is being moved online and will be listed at Virtual Ann Arbor JCC.
- JFS employees are working remotely and modifying their services to meet the most urgent needs.
Get Help & Support
During this unprecedented pandemic, our Jewish community is working together and taking care of one another. Our community organizations remain operational to provide assistance during this time
Jewish Family Services serves the community’s existing and emerging needs. If you or someone you care about needs help, please call the JFS Information & Assistance Telephone line: 734.769.0209 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID-19 & Mental Wellness (Jewish Federation of Metro Detroit)
How You Can Help
- Federation has established and provided initial seed funding for a Jewish Community Emergency Fund to enable our donors and community to help meet both individual and organizational needs. Even as we assess the medium to long-range impact, we know these needs are already felt by our community organizations. Your support of this fund will enable a focused response to emerging community needs.
- Jewish Family Services is offering remote and appropriately socially distanced opportunities for volunteers to assist in providing support for older adults, running the food pantry and food delivery service, and providing emergency response assistance to those in need. To participate in serving the community in this way, please complete the JFS volunteer form!
Connect with our Jewish Community
Organizations and congregations from across Washtenaw County and around the world are offering ways to connect during this time of social distancing.
Join the Jewish Ann Arbor & Washtenaw County Facebook Group for regular updates from around the community.
Our local congregations offer a range of opportunities to connect Jewishly.
Jewish Culture & Education
The Quarantine Book Club (Jewish Women’s Archive)
Mechon Hadar – Jewish study for adults and children
JCPA Education and Webinar Series During the Pandemic – The series includes high-level speakers on important issues that need attention during this pandemic period, such as criminal justice reform, immigration, voting rights, Israel, and human needs related to COVID-19. To watch recordings of past webinars in this series, click here.
Inter-Agency Task Force on Israeli Arab Issues – COVID-19 in Israel’s Arab Communities: Emergency Response in a Shared National Crisis
Israel Policy Forum
- COVID & the Knesset
- Blue and White Implosion: A Dramatic Reversal in Israeli Politics
- Pandemic: Israel-Arab State Relations in a Global Crisis
- Israel’s Security Response to Coronavirus
- My Enemy’s Enemy? Israelis and Palestinians Battle COVID-19
- State of Emergency: Israeli Government Responses to COVID-19
- Israeli & Palestinian Public Opinion in the Time of Coronavirus
- Briefing with U.S. Senate Democratic Leader Charles Schumer on CARES ACT
- Conference Call Recording: How Coronavirus Solved Israel’s Political Puzzle, featuring Lahav Harkov, Jerusalem Post
Jewish Community Relations Council of Minnesota and the Dakotas – Living Room Learning with David Horovitz and Sarah Tuttle-Singer
Jewish Federations of North America – COVID-19: The IDF’s Role in Fighting the Pandemic
Jewish Social Justice Roundtable – Centering Racial Justice and Jews of Color During COVID-19
Resource mentioned during the webinar: Why The Coronavirus is Hitting Black Communities Hardest (a podcast from NPR’s Codeswitch if your eyes need a break from screens)NCJW
- Protecting and Promoting the Vote During a Pandemic
- Resistance Lessons From the Heroines of the Passover Story
- Protecting Abortion Access During a Pandemic
- Direct Service in the Age of Coronavirus
- Advocating for At-Risk Populations
- Weaponizing White Supremacy during COVID-19
Network Advocates for Catholic Social Justice – Faithful Democracy Coalitions’s Town Hall: Protecting Our Democracy in the Face of COVID-19
State of Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs – Six ways Israel is managing the corona crisis
American Friends of the Hebrew University
- COVID-19 Math: Why just two months of extreme isolation probably won’t end the epidemic
- Coronavirus and the Future of Immunotherapy
- Don’t Panic Dealing with Anxiety in the Age of Corona
- The Financial Implications of the Coronavirus Pandemic
- The Impact of the Coronavirus on the Israeli Economy
- Coronavirus: How easy will it be to develop drugs and vaccines?
- Current Approaches for the Treatment to Prevent COVID-19
- Meet the Hebrew University Students who are Fighting the Coronavirus
- COVID-19 Math: Why Social Distancing Matters, and why it’s not a Quick Fix
- Legal and Constitutional Issues Relating to the Use of Digital Surveillance in Israel to Combat COVID–
- Simulating and Monitoring COVID-19: Physics, Medicine and Epidemiology Working Together
- From Anxiety to Resilience
- Developing New Diagnostic Tests for COVID19: Technological Innovation in Times of Crisis
- Smell and Taste Changes in COVID-19 and Other Respiratory Diseases – Research in the Age of Social Media
College Students & Young Adults
Youth, Families & Teens
Hebrew Day School – curated educational resources for all
Other Local Resources
Health Information & Updates
Helping Local Businesses
Business Resources & Assistance (Ann Arbor Spark)