Jewish Educators’ Council Coordinator Job Description
The Jewish Educators’ Council of Ann Arbor is a consortium of Principals and Directors of Jewish Schools in Ann Arbor. The council works together to create joint professional development opportunities that will further the mission of bringing excellence to Jewish educational experiences for both our students and our teachers. It further collaborates on programming options for teachers and students. The Jewish Educators’ Council is funded by the Jewish Federation of Greater Ann Arbor and participating organizations.
- Meets with the directors of the Jewish educational organizations in greater Ann Arbor to determine yearly needs and priorities for Council organizations.
- Based on needs and priorities as identified by the Council, coordinates logistics including:
- Researching providers
- Liaising between Council and professional development providers, artist-in-residence, etc.
- Managing schedules
- Coordinating space and food
- Creates marketing materials (flyers, Facebook events, etc.) for JEC events
- Tracks Council’s expenses
- Tracks own hours
- Writes allocation proposal in collaboration with Directors
- Accompanies members of JEC to allocation presentation, answers questions from allocation committee as necessary
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Takes initiative
- Works independently
- Reliably follows through to see tasks to completion
Schedule and Salary:
- Part time position (estimated 5-6 hours per month)
- $15 per hour
Please send resumes to:
Jennifer Rosenberg, firstname.lastname@example.org
Peretz Hirshbein, email@example.com